contact info kjelsty@gmail.com

Friday, September 03, 2004

A few shots of our Flat

Hello here are some shots of our flat. I tried to take some inside an outside so you could get an idea of what it was like. Pretty small but it works great for us just the right size. We have had a great week. Last weekend as I said before we went to the beach what a nice trip. The rainbow was incredible I do not think I have ever seen a rainbow that lasted so long. It was even glowing as the sun was setting. This week I have been busy taking the bus around and visiting places to see about getting a job and a studio space. On Wednesday I went down to Hastings and Havelock North to talk to a lady about a studio space that is there called Keirungha Gardens it is a very nice space with a variety of arts happening from pottery to theatre very cool. It is an older crowd because most of the activities happen during the day when others are working but the ladies I met were very nice. There was a quilting group that was meeting the day that I was there and when I walked into their little cottage space I felt like I was walking into a movie. There was just a gaggle of women sitting around in a circle chatting way as they worked on their projects. It gave me a nice warm feeling inside to just be around that type of energy. The other place I went to that day was this funky clothes shop I have been their so many times since we have been their it is funny. Anyway their clothes are very colorful and playful just my style so I was looking around again and the lady that was working, one I had talked to before, asked me if I was still looking for a job--because if so they were hiring someone for part-time. Ya-hoo. I went and talked to the manager we had a nice conversation so she took my number and said she would give me a call when they figured out the schedule better.

Wednesday night Glenn met me in Hastings and we went out to a place called the Cat and the Fiddle. There we played music for a few hours. A guy named Peter, who is a bee-keeper, let me play with his drums he even taught me how to play the bodharan--it is a different type of sticking then snare but I was getting the hang of it toward the end of the night.

Enjoy the photos hope to hear from you all.

Smiles



This is our flat with a nice little front yard and we have a nice little backyard as well.
Posted by Hello

No comments: